We want your creation !
The Honolulu Festival is holding an Art Contest that is open to all residents of Hawaii.
The winning artwork will be used to our official guidebook cover and poster design.
Additionally, the winner will be designated as the official artist 2017 and Special Recognition Award. (target : only general public [must be at least 18 years old or older]) There will be each award level (High School: prize (1), Junior High School: prize (1), Elementary School: prize (1)) . Besides, during the festival period, winning artworks will be exhibited to the public at the Hawaii Convention Center.
We are waiting for your entry!
It is now closed. Thank you very much for your applications.
June 8, 2016 – October 31, 2016 ※Extended Ending Date ( from September 30 )
The Art Contest is open to residents of Hawaii, general public (must be at least 18 years old or older), High school, Junior high school and Elementary school.
*except kindergartner and preschooler.
Artwork incorporates two theme “Pacific Harmony”, and the 23rd festival sub theme “Cultural Harmony, Journey to Peace”.
First, please go to the Honolulu Festival website to learn about the various events that symbolize the themes of the Honolulu Festival. Then incorporate as many themes in your artwork as possible.
1. To design a cover, please follow our sample poster templates as a guide.
2. If you want to use images, please follow the archive link below to download copyrighted ones in 2016.
①Digital image submitt by web form（JPEG format :11(W) x 11(H) inch 300dpi (3300 pixel x 3300 pixel) CMYK, must be under 2MB) *If your artwork is selected, we will later ask for a higher resolution file for poster printing purposes.
②Drawing using crayons, markers, colored pencils or watercolors on an 11(W) x 11(H) white paper,
Click here to download the entry form and glue or tape it to the bottom left hand corner of the back of the artwork.
Click here to download the Contestant Authorization, Release and Agreement, sign and enclosed with the artwork.
Submission of the Contestant Authorization, Release and Agreement forms is required to enter the contest.
* Mail to : Honolulu Festival Foundation Art Contest P.O. Box 8494 Honolulu, Hawaii 96830
* Certified mail receipts will not be provided. The Honolulu Festival is not responsible for any loss or damage of artwork in the mail. The artwork will not be returned. Thank you for your understanding.
1. Honolulu Festival Official Artist 2017 (1) (must be at least 18 years old or older)
2. Special Recognition Award (1) (must be at least 18 years old or older)
3. High School: prize (1)
4. Junior High School: prize (1)
5. Elementary: prize (1)
1. Honolulu Festival Official Artist: A Round Trip to Japan, Economy class (1 person/Valid until expiration/Seat cannot be pre-selected) (must be at least 18 years old or older)
2. Special Recognition Award: Neighbor Island Hotel Gift Voucher (must be at least 18 years old or older)
3. High School: $100 Gift Card
4. Junior High School: $100 Gift Card
5. Elementary School: $100 Gift Card
*Honolulu Festival Friendship Gala two tickets for each winner
The art contest will be judged by a guest juror, the Honolulu festival foundation and a total number of votes submitted by Facebook users.
Notification of Finalist and Winner
The potential finalists and winner will be announced at the Honolulu Festival Press Conference which will be held in late February 2017.