Japan Hawaii Culture Expo: JHCE2015 will be held by NPO Hawaii Senior Life Enrichment Association (HISLEA) at the 21st Honolulu Festival.
HISLEA has displayed exhibition booth for introducing Japanese cultures with the theme of cultural exchange between U.S and Japan since 2011. This year HISLEA will use“Bring Aloha Spirit to the world and Heart of Hospitality to Hawaii” as a theme. Besides this, the Nadeshiko Club, which is a social contribution department that has been supporting victims of the 2011 Tohuku Earthquake in Japan, will also display an exhibition with the main theme of“What we can do from Hawaii 4 years after the earthquake”.
Japan Hawaii Culture Expo will be a great opportunity for Japanese and locals to exchange as well as understand the Hawaiian and Japanese cultures while enjoying the event.
Date： Friday March 6 2015– Sunday March 8 2015.
Saturday March 710:00 – 18:00 Exhibition
Sunday March 8 10:00 – 15:00 Exhibition
Venue： Hawaii Convention Center First Floor
- 2The Exhibition of“Hokulea Worldwide Voyage”will be held at the Japan Hawaii Culture Expo. Hokulea is an anicent Polynesian canoe that has been traveling around the world from 2014 until 2017. The exhibition will display the scale model, play video records of voyage and introduce the navigation system that based on star observation, etc. In addition, the exhibition will also hold the handcraft Hokulea project and explain the star observational navagation system to kids.
- Attractive Hawaii –HTJ Tourism Booth
- Japanese Media: Exhibition of“HawaiiHochi” with 100 years of history, the only Japanese daily published newspaper in U.S.
- Japanese Games: Demo and introductions of Japanese games such as “Igo”, “Syougi”, “Mahjong” and “Hanafuda”.
- At the Tohoku supporting program, Nadeshiko Club Exhibition will use the theme of“What we can do from Hawaii 4 years after the earthquake” in supporting victims of 2011 Tohoku Earthquake in Japan. The club will display and sell handcrafts at 15 damaged areas of Tohuku as well as introduce the activities held by Nadeshiko Club.
- Exhibition of“Onagawa Booth”will be displayed with the theme of recovering Onagawa town from the earthquake. This exhibition is displayed and shown with the collaboration of Tohoku supporting group from Chuo University.
- Exhibitions of“Hina doll”,“Traditional Japanese wedding dresses” and“Photopgraphy of Kimono wearing (Traditional Japanese dresses)”.
- Others exhibitions such as paper crafting dragonflies and traditional Japanese Caligraphy will be displayed at the craft corner.